I’m struggling in getting rid of few lbs for whole year. I suppose that the main reason is I am not craving enough to do that. I work out a lot but I easily forgive myself when I eat ice cream and any kind of high-fat product. And another reason is I am addicted to high-fat products like cheese and whole milk!
Hence I figured out one way to eat ice cream that is less guilty: eating (low-fat) yogurt ice cream!
You have same problem like me? Where to buy it? In your kitchen! 😛
Then firstly, you need to make yogurt. So you need a large pot and few mason jars and…
- 3 cups milk, no sugar or added sugar – it’s optional
- 100 gr plain yogurt, again no or added sugar is optional, completely in room temperature
- 30 gr corn syrup or just sugar, optional
- Wash your jars and dry it in the oven under 110 degree F in 30 minutes.
- Boil milk and sugar until lukewarm and sugar is fully dissolved.
- In the mean time boil 2 liters of water in the pot, it’s just my estimation since it depends on how large your pot is.
- Remove from stove.
- Stir in yogurt until fully combined.
- Pour into mason jars and put on the lids
- Place the jars in the pot carefully, and let boiled water cover them and water level should be just 1 inch lower than jar’s height. Put on the lid of the pot. Let them stay over night or at least 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, if yogurt is not firm yet, then repeat again, heat up water and let the jars sit in hot boiled water for 6 more hours.
Whole milk needs 6 hours. Skimmed milk needs up to 10 hours.
Whole milk makes very thick yogurt like using gelatin! Skimmed milk makes jelly-like yogurt. Both are delicious. But surely I prefer whole fat yogurt!
Let them chill in the fridge for 4 hours and do as instructions of your ice cream maker. I also add dried cranberries into my yogurt ice cream. It’s up to you to choose any kind of fruits or dried fruits, or nuts, chocolate chips, Oreo cookies, etc.