It’s called green tea ice cream!
I’m lucky enough to find a wholesale supplier that sells the real Japanese matcha powder to many Japanese restaurants in town. The minimum selling package is 1kg! And I’m lucky enough to find a friend who shared with me half kilo!
This matcha powder is sooo good! High quality. Great taste, flavor and color. With this, I can make unbeatable homemade green tea milk shake!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 20 gr Japanese green tea powder, or maybe 25 gr. Using more green tea powder, you may feel like chewing real tea leaves 😐
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 2 tsps corn starch
- a pinch of salt
- Heat up milk, corn syrup, cornstarch, salt until they dissolve.
- Off the heat. Stir in green tea powder until there is no lumps.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for at least 4 hours before doing as your ice cream maker instructions.
- Then you have ice cream, you need a spoon, either big or small one is fine.
Here is mine!