It has been a while since my last post. I have lost my interest in writing, something I am not really good at.
Anyways, for over a year or so, I have become a freediving instructor. It was a tough decision to be made back then when I was sitting on my office chair, knowing that I would not have these nice stuff for a long time, such as air con, comfy couch, teabreak, promotion, etc. Instead, I have the sun, the sea, the wave and my proud mask-tanned line.
This is a tough life though, but I love what I am doing. In the early 30s, right now I still wonder what I am doing in this life. I have made way less money than before. I have had way more happiness at work than before. On the other hand, I am broke, financially.
Anyways, another year has started, a year of the dog. Here in Phuket, there is no sea dogs, aka lovely seals. Instead, I have these cuties, the nemo. I wish you all who passed by my blog a prosperous coming year, a coming year full of love and luck.
Do what you love. Love what you do.
No bubbles. No troubles.
And bonus, hello from Mr Turtle.
I have missed my baking kitchen so much. Here in Phuket, I am living in a small studio that is just enough for one person. I have few basic cooking tools, a pot, a non-stick pan, a small fridge, a microwave, some utensils. Recently I fancy myself bought a blender, and it also includes a food processor. It is not really strong but good enough to do more fun stuff in my tiny kitchen.
This situation makes me find the way to make healthy no-bake stuff. For example, once I made Microwave Apple Crumble in a healthy version.
- 2 big Fuji apples
- some dried fruits and nuts – walnut, almond, cashew, macadamia…
- few slices of pineapple
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- a dash of salt
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 4 wholewheat biscuits/crackers
- Peel apples and slice them.
- Mix 1.5 apples with lemon juice.
- Applesauce: use the food processor to blend these – half of an apple, pineapple, 1 tsp cinnamon, salt, honey, a bit of dried fruits (i used 1 tbsp of raisins and dates)
- Mix the applesauce with the sliced apple and microwave in 3 mins, medium power. I am not sure about this point, but mine was not too hot.
- Crumbles: use the food processor to chop nuts. My version of crumbles included chopped nuts, 1 tsp of cinnamon, biscuits that is broken into small pieces.
Now top the crumbles on the warm apple mixture and it is ready. You can fancy with a scoop of ice cream. But I had an affogato coffee (espresso with ice cream) earlier on the same day, so I tried to stay healthy. Maybe next time.