I like cinnamon. I like cinnamon flavor in things I bake – cakes, cookies, drinks and even ice cream. One of my most favourite drinks when I’m sick or not in good mood is like this
- 1 cup hot milk
- 2 tsp honey
- few slices of fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
There you are. In a bad day, grab a cup and make it for yourself, then sink in your own world with a good book. For me it’s much better than going out and spending money for shopping. Well, this is from an introvert’s point of view 🙂
So, like I just said, I like cinnamon. I do like ice cream with cinnamon. However, it seems like I am the only one who likes it. No one in my family and friends and colleagues like my chocolate cinnamon ice cream. But I am sure that cinnamon goes very well with chocolate, just like cinnamon is best friend of banana. Here is the recipe
- 1,5 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 200 gr dark chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Mix them all and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before do as your ice cream machine’s instructions. Then you have your dark choc cinnamon ice cream. I’m sorry I don’t have any picture by now. However, may I suggest you one more thing that also goes well with this ice cream?
Bread sticks! Yeah!
- 3 1/4 cups all-purposed flour (~430 gr)
- 1 1/2 tsp instant dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp mixture of oregano, basil and paprika powder (optional, sorry I did put them in my bread sticks just because I love the smell of these leaves)
- 2 tbsp margarine for brushing after bake
- Mix warm water + yeast + 1 tbsp sugar together, let stay for 10 mins.
- Mix well flour, salt, 1 tbsp sugar, leaves and paprika powder together, then combine the flour mixture with the yeast mixture, and the olive oil too.
- Knead for 7-10 mins until the dough is elastic and just a bit sticky.
- Form a ball and put into a greased big bowl, cover with plastic wrap. Let stay for 1 hour or until double size.
- Preheat the oven at 175 degree C.
- Then you have 750 gr dough. Divide into 30 small balls (25 gr each) and roll into 9″ stick. Place them 1″ away from each other. Let rise for 30 mins.
- Bake in 12-15 mins until golden. Brush the hot bread sticks with margarine.
- Serve warm with chili sauce and mayonnaise, or with the chocolate cinnamon ice cream!
- Store in airtight container. If you want, you can fry them. It doesn’t sound really healthy but just like doughnuts, it tastes awesome!
Here are minesI know it sounds weird. Bread sticks are slight salty and have “pizza” flavor – i mean the leaves. But trust me, it goes very well with the chocolate cinnamon ice cream. Just like hot french fries go well with McDonald soft ice cream cone…
You know there are lovely & cute things that always remind you about someone. But when “someone” left you, those things you love become things you used to love. Anyway if you never try this before, I highly recommend you to try it someday 🙂
It’s called green tea ice cream!
I’m lucky enough to find a wholesale supplier that sells the real Japanese matcha powder to many Japanese restaurants in town. The minimum selling package is 1kg! And I’m lucky enough to find a friend who shared with me half kilo!
This matcha powder is sooo good! High quality. Great taste, flavor and color. With this, I can make unbeatable homemade green tea milk shake!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 20 gr Japanese green tea powder, or maybe 25 gr. Using more green tea powder, you may feel like chewing real tea leaves 😐
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 2 tsps corn starch
- a pinch of salt
- Heat up milk, corn syrup, cornstarch, salt until they dissolve.
- Off the heat. Stir in green tea powder until there is no lumps.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Place the mixture in the fridge for at least 4 hours before doing as your ice cream maker instructions.
- Then you have ice cream, you need a spoon, either big or small one is fine.
Here is mine!
I’m struggling in getting rid of few lbs for whole year. I suppose that the main reason is I am not craving enough to do that. I work out a lot but I easily forgive myself when I eat ice cream and any kind of high-fat product. And another reason is I am addicted to high-fat products like cheese and whole milk!
Hence I figured out one way to eat ice cream that is less guilty: eating (low-fat) yogurt ice cream!
You have same problem like me? Where to buy it? In your kitchen! 😛
Then firstly, you need to make yogurt. So you need a large pot and few mason jars and…
- 3 cups milk, no sugar or added sugar – it’s optional
- 100 gr plain yogurt, again no or added sugar is optional, completely in room temperature
- 30 gr corn syrup or just sugar, optional
- Wash your jars and dry it in the oven under 110 degree F in 30 minutes.
- Boil milk and sugar until lukewarm and sugar is fully dissolved.
- In the mean time boil 2 liters of water in the pot, it’s just my estimation since it depends on how large your pot is.
- Remove from stove.
- Stir in yogurt until fully combined.
- Pour into mason jars and put on the lids
- Place the jars in the pot carefully, and let boiled water cover them and water level should be just 1 inch lower than jar’s height. Put on the lid of the pot. Let them stay over night or at least 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, if yogurt is not firm yet, then repeat again, heat up water and let the jars sit in hot boiled water for 6 more hours.
Whole milk needs 6 hours. Skimmed milk needs up to 10 hours.
Whole milk makes very thick yogurt like using gelatin! Skimmed milk makes jelly-like yogurt. Both are delicious. But surely I prefer whole fat yogurt!
Let them chill in the fridge for 4 hours and do as instructions of your ice cream maker. I also add dried cranberries into my yogurt ice cream. It’s up to you to choose any kind of fruits or dried fruits, or nuts, chocolate chips, Oreo cookies, etc.
Strawberry ice cream (egg free)
You know there are days so called ice cream mood, ice cream mode and all I want is just ice cream. Strawberry is one of my most favorite fruits and flavor of any desserts.
Here are what you need
Tools: a blender, an ice cream maker (I use my hero KitchenAid ice cream maker)
- 2 cups blended fresh strawberry (approximately 1,3 lbs uncut strawberry)
- 2 cups heavy cream or half and half
- 3/4 cups corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Use a whisk to mix well all ingredients to make sure salt already dissolved.
- Chill the mixture in the fridge 4 hours.
- Then do as instructions of the machine.
Enjoy your delish ice cream, sweet-tooth!