Two days before departure:
My biggest plan of the year broke suddenly and I couldn’t be more disappointed. On a beautiful Friday morning, within an hour I decided to go to Bali again with a group of divers who I knew no one before. All paid.
Flight ticket: booked. Hotel: booked.
Bali, here I come, again 🙂 No more hard feelings.
The night before departure: Packing – one of the hardest part of a girl’s trip I think, to decide what to bring and what not to bring.
I only had 7kg of hand carry-on luggage for 7 days ahead. What to bring?
- Shoes/Sandals: 1 pair of running shoes (for lots of walking and trekking day); 1 pair of flip flops
- 1 swimsuit + 1 swimming goggles
- Tops: 2 running tank tops; 4 tank tops; 1 sport bra; 3 normal bra; 1 light scarf and 1 light running jacket
- Bottom: 1 running shorts (just because I don’t have any beach shorts and the running shorts is fast dry); 1 long yoga pants (for trekking day); 2 shorts; 1 mini sport skirt (all of these could be pair with either my running shoes and flip flops); and travel underwears 😉
- Travel towel
- Hi-tech stuff: Canon D30 for underwater shooting, Leica D-lux 6 for normal shooting, cellphone, Kindle paperwhite, chargers for all, earphone
- Dive logbook and diving certification card
- Beauty stuff (all in travel size): deodorant, cleansing oil, shampoo and body shampoo, lip palm, lip stick, etc.
- Personal medical treatments.
I packed all in my large and light backpack. I also packed 1 small trekking backpack and my running belt. I wore the running belt most of the time I moved. It could store my passport and boarding pass, money, earphone.
Breakfast on the go. Morning flight from HCM to Kualar Lumpur.
Lunch at Kualar Lumpur airport. I still had time to grab a coffee for myself.
Then afternoon flight from Kualar Lumpur to Denpasar, Bali.
Arrived at 9pm. Dinner at 10pm. Then 1,5hrs more on bus heading to Tulamben where my new friends and I would spend 3 full days for diving only.
12am. Tulamben here we are.
Tulamben, on the East of Bali island, is a world known site for divers. Along the East side of the island, there are total 17 dive sites from South to North.
We all were too tired for sunrise dive.
8am, 1st dive: Suci place, shore dive.
According to the place we stayed, Matahari Tulamben Resort
2012-2013 Matahari Tulamben Resort started to create a new Divespot just in front of the resort.
Depth 9 to 17 m. Beside the figures of “Buddha”, his mother, the goddess “Dewi Tara”, “Sleeping Ganesha”, you will find different artifacts. In the meantime the place is not only popular for divers. A lot of fishes, net murane, cleaners and critters found a new home and like this place very much. Even Mola Mola and Eagle ray have been there already.
11am, 2nd dive: USS Liberty shipwreck, shore dive – top 10 of best diving sites in the world 🙂 a must-go dive site when you visit Bali as a diver
According to Wikipedia
USAT Liberty was a United States Armycargo ship torpedoed by Japanese submarine I-166 in January 1942 and beached on the island of Bali. She had been built as a Design 1037 ship for the United States Shipping Board in World War I and had served in the United States Navy in that war as animal transport USS Liberty (ID-3461). She was also notable as the first ship constructed at Federal Shipbuilding, Kearny, New Jersey. In 1963 a volcanic eruption moved the ship off the beach, andLiberty ’s wreck is now a popular dive site.
(to be cont.)