I like cinnamon. I like cinnamon flavor in things I bake – cakes, cookies, drinks and even ice cream. One of my most favourite drinks when I’m sick or not in good mood is like this
- 1 cup hot milk
- 2 tsp honey
- few slices of fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
There you are. In a bad day, grab a cup and make it for yourself, then sink in your own world with a good book. For me it’s much better than going out and spending money for shopping. Well, this is from an introvert’s point of view 🙂
So, like I just said, I like cinnamon. I do like ice cream with cinnamon. However, it seems like I am the only one who likes it. No one in my family and friends and colleagues like my chocolate cinnamon ice cream. But I am sure that cinnamon goes very well with chocolate, just like cinnamon is best friend of banana. Here is the recipe
- 1,5 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 200 gr dark chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Mix them all and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before do as your ice cream machine’s instructions. Then you have your dark choc cinnamon ice cream. I’m sorry I don’t have any picture by now. However, may I suggest you one more thing that also goes well with this ice cream?
Bread sticks! Yeah!
- 3 1/4 cups all-purposed flour (~430 gr)
- 1 1/2 tsp instant dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 3 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp mixture of oregano, basil and paprika powder (optional, sorry I did put them in my bread sticks just because I love the smell of these leaves)
- 2 tbsp margarine for brushing after bake
- Mix warm water + yeast + 1 tbsp sugar together, let stay for 10 mins.
- Mix well flour, salt, 1 tbsp sugar, leaves and paprika powder together, then combine the flour mixture with the yeast mixture, and the olive oil too.
- Knead for 7-10 mins until the dough is elastic and just a bit sticky.
- Form a ball and put into a greased big bowl, cover with plastic wrap. Let stay for 1 hour or until double size.
- Preheat the oven at 175 degree C.
- Then you have 750 gr dough. Divide into 30 small balls (25 gr each) and roll into 9″ stick. Place them 1″ away from each other. Let rise for 30 mins.
- Bake in 12-15 mins until golden. Brush the hot bread sticks with margarine.
- Serve warm with chili sauce and mayonnaise, or with the chocolate cinnamon ice cream!
- Store in airtight container. If you want, you can fry them. It doesn’t sound really healthy but just like doughnuts, it tastes awesome!
Here are minesI know it sounds weird. Bread sticks are slight salty and have “pizza” flavor – i mean the leaves. But trust me, it goes very well with the chocolate cinnamon ice cream. Just like hot french fries go well with McDonald soft ice cream cone…
You know there are lovely & cute things that always remind you about someone. But when “someone” left you, those things you love become things you used to love. Anyway if you never try this before, I highly recommend you to try it someday 🙂